Salt and Chilli chips
6 potatoes (ideally a variety that is good for chips)
2 tbsp salt and chilli seasonin
2 red chillies finely sliced
3 spring onions finely sliced
1 litre veg or rapeseed oil
1. Peel and chop potatoes into 1cm thick chips
2. Place the chips in a pan and cover with cold water
3. Place on a medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiled continue to cook for 5 mins.
4. Drain onto a tray with kitchen paper, allow to cool
5. Heat oil up in a pan or chip fryer to 180c (note always be careful when heating oil up)
6. Fry chips in batches till golden and crispy on outside, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain off oil.
7. Mix chips with salt and chilli seasoning, spring onions and chillies